Proceeds from the 3rd Annual C.A.C. Date Auction (7/16/2011) will benefit the Patient Access Network (P.A.N.)
About P.A.N.: Every day P.A.N. helps thousands of underinsured patients afford the copayments for their cancer. Since October 2004, P.A.N. has provided over $165 million in copayment assistance to more than 120,000 patients in need. Approximately $0.90 cents of every dollar donated to PAN goes directly to the patients.
For more information, please visit www.panfoundation.org
Proceeds from the 2nd Annual C.A.C. Date Auction benefitted the Cancer Care Services Fund at UCSF.
The Cancer Care Services Fund at the UCSF Helen Diller Family Comprehensive Cancer Center directs philanthropic dollars to support low-income, uninsured and underinsured patients in accessing a variety of services to combat their cancer diagnosis. Patient services covered through the Fund include chemotherapy treatment, genetic testing, clinical trials, counseling, and more. All winning bids and donated funds from the event will go directly to this cause!Purpose: The fund for Cancer Care Services supports patient services at the Cancer Center as determined by the Director of Clinical Services Administration. Funds will support patient services which may include, but not be limited to:
- Financial assistance for health care services for patients who are uninsured or under insured and who meet financial need criteria. This may include:
- psychologist services
- genetic testing
- use of off-label drugs (generally given as chemotherapy/infusion services)
- un-reimbursable costs of clinical trials
- other services covered by many health plans today
- Funding for services that are not covered at all by insurance, including social services and nutrition counseling.
- Funding to cover the shortfall in insurance for services such as Genetic Counseling, Cancer Risk Screening and Symptom Management.
- In special situations, funding toward meal vouchers, transportation to and from medical visits, and housing.
Donate directly to the Cancer Care Services Fund
Donate by mail: Please make checks payable to ‘ UCSF Foundation‘ and include Cancer Care Services Fund in the Memo line of the check. These gifts can be mailed to:
P.O Box 45339
San Francisco, CA 94145-0339
For more information about giving : UCSF Helen Diller Family Comprehensive Cancer Center
Proceeds from the CAC Dessert Party (6/27/09) and the Avon Breast Cancer Walk (7/11-7/12/09)have gone towards the Avon Foundation.
The Avon Foundation places priority on returning funds to the geographic area in which each Avon Walk takes place (Bay Area) AND a special emphasis on reaching low-income, elderly and minority individuals with inadequate health insurance.